In the news this week...
- Greens criticised proposed NSW pokie reform legislation
- The Victorian Government wants minimum wage increase
- A Large bushfire in Victoria's east has triggered evacuation warnings
- SA election: Labor party promises public housing upgrades and Liberals want deregulation of shop trading hours
- More rain expected in North Queensland following recent floodings
- McGrath Limited cuts full-year earnings guidelines
- Australian banks may face class action of credit card insurance
Media Movements Highlights
Jessica Rowe will depart from Channel Ten's Studio 10 morning program at the end of the month to focus on family commitments.
Tim Davenport has been announced as Southern Cross Austereo's general manager for Southern Queensland.
Ken Wood has been appointed to lead Southern Cross Austereo's Northern Queensland team as its general manager.
Jessica Gardner is returning from maternity leave and starting as a companies & markets editor at the Australian Financial Review later this month.
Basil Zempilas has started a new role as a co-host of Weekend Sunrise, a position held by Andrew O'Keefe until last year.
The ABC has created the role of a national arts, culture and entertainment reporter, to be filled by Michaela Boland.
Jerome Doraisamy, an author and an adjunct lecturer at the University of Western Australia, has started as a journalist at Momentum Media, working on the Lawyers Weekly title.
Laura Meachim has started as a news reporter for ABC Midwest & Wheatbelt.
See more movements on Thursday in the full Media Movement's newsletter.
Image of the Week
Animal Justice Party Batman by-election candidate Miranda Smith campaigning at a pre-poll booth with the help of Jeremy the sheep (pictured above).